- [Important] How to apply for the exam using the smartphone app "JAC ExamForm" (iPhone/Android)
[Important] How to apply for the exam using the smartphone app "JAC ExamForm" (iPhone/Android)
For information on how to upgrade, please click here.
Step0. Before starting
0-1. Before you start applying for the exam with JAC ExamForm
- If you have not registered on Applicant's page, please do it first. If you do not know how to register, please refer to 【保存版】 マイページ登録のしかた or [Bản lưu trữ] Cách thức đăng kí trên trang Applicant's page.
You must sign up with the e-mail address of the person taking the exam. If the registered e-mail address on Applicant's page is someone else's, please create the account with the examinee's e-mail address.
- Prepare your residence card.Even if you do not have your valid residence card, you can apply with a way below.
- Precautions to take photos
*Photos taken with the app will be used for the pass certificate.
- Stand in front of a white wall without anything behind you.
- Face the front.
- Do not wear a hat nor a helmet.
- Take a picture in a bright place.
- Bring you into focus.
Step1. Log on Applicant's page
1-1. Log on Applicant's page
Access to JAC's Applicant'spage with your smart phone.
Enter your email address and password for each field and tap [Login].
You can see the top screen with a list of events and messages.
*You need to use the e-mail address you used to log on. Please use your own e-mail address as examinee.
- QR code for Applicant's page
1-2. View "Event Information" for your exams on Applicant's page
From Events on the top screen of Applicant's page, Tap the exam date you want to take from the list. The "Event Information" will be displayed.
1-3. Check exam information
Check the exam date, exam type, etc. on the "Event Information" screen of Applicant's page. If the information you opened is not "the exam you want to take", tap [Back] and go back to "Event List". Then select correctly "the exam you want to take".
1-4. Launch "JAC ExamForm" from Applicant's page (account certification)
Tap [Click here for application] for the exam you want to take. Tap to launch JAC ExamForm. When JAC ExamForm starts from Applicant's page, a list of exams will be displayed.If the application does not launch once due to your smartphone settings, please tap [Click here for application] again.
Step2. Register your information
(Photo of ID card, photo of your face, etc.)
2-1. Select exam date and check its details
Tap the date of the exam from the JAC ExamForm exam list screen.
2-2. Proceed to exam application
Check that the contents of your examination are displayed. Tap [Register for this exam] for the test you wish to take.
2-3. Check the exam information
Check the information displayed on the "Application for Examination" screen.
2-4. Take a photo of your ID card (residence card)
Tap on "Enter ID information".
Read the explanations on the screen and adjust the card to the frame.
Take 3 photos of your residence card with your smartphone.
- A. Front of card with picture of face.
- B. Thickness of tilted card with your face picture.
- C. The back side of the card.
2-5. Take a photo of your face
When you take a photo of your face, a precautions will be displayed on the screen first. Confirm it and then tap the [Start Shooting] button.
Follow the next explanation to take a picture with fitting the size of the frame.
After taking the photo, check "I have confirmed that the photo was taken cleanly" on the confirmation screen, and tap the OK button to register the photo.
If there is any problem with the picture, please take another photo from "Take another photo".
(If the photo has one item or more below, You cannot register your photo.)
- Wearing a mask, earphones, sunglasses (glasses are OK), etc.
- Wearing a mask over your chin.
- Wearing a hat, helmet, etc.
- Your face is turned to the side.
- Shot the photo in the dark.
- People or objects in the background.
- Out of focus.
2-6. Enter your address, job category, etc.
Please fill in or select your answer for the questions about yourself.
1. E-mail address
Please enter the e-mail address of the person taking the exam, with which you can log on the Applicant's page.
- The examinee's e-mail address entered here must be same as the e-mail address registered on Applicant's page.
- If the e-mail address for logging in to Applicant's page is not the e-mail address of the person taking the exam, you must create the Applicant's page account with the person's own e-mail address and start from the beginning again.
2. Current Address
- Current Address 1: Select the prefecture you live in from the pull-down menu.
- Current Address 2: Enter the city, ward, town or village in Japanese below, e.g. "△△市□□□1-2-3".
3. Job Category
Please select the kind of your job from the pull-down menu.
4. Examination to take
Please select one of the exam categories you would like to take.
5. Choice of the exam category
Please select one of the exam categories you would like to take.
6. Do you have any experience working at a construction site in Japan?
If you have never worked at a construction site in Japan, please select "No, I have not". After passing the exam, you will be eligible for free health and safety training.
7. Contact from JAC
If you select "Yes, you may", you will receive emails about other categories of exams, events, and useful information to the email address you entered in your application.
8. Tap [Register (to confirmation screen)]
After taking your photo and entering your answers on from "2-3. Confirm Examination Information" to "2-6, Tap "Register (to confirmation screen)".
Step3. Send your application
3-1. Confirm the input information and photos
Confirm that all entries are correct and tap [Register (to confirmation screen)].
3-2. Completion of sending the application data
The application data has been sent.
!Application has not been accepted yet!
4-1. Completion of acceptance of application
If your application is accepted and your exam is available, you can see the message "Accepted" in red in the Applicant's page as a message that your application has been accepted. After that, you will receive your examination voucher as a message.
Please confirm that you have received the message.
When you receive the examination voucher for your examination, your application has been completed.
If you cannot open the PDF of the admission ticket, click 【保存版】マイページのPDF(受験票など)の開き方(iPhone/Android) or Cách mở bản PDF (Phiếu dự thi) trên iPhone/Android ở My page (bản lưu trữ).
Others 5. If you do not have a residence card
5-1. Open the passport registration screen
Prepare your passport.
Follow the steps from 1-1. Log on Applicant's page to 2-3. Confirm Exam Information.
Open the "ID information required" screen. Under "Take a picture of your residence card", tap "Tap Here" for "If you're in the process of renewing your residence card or don't have one, Tap Here".
5-2. Choose passport
Select "Passport" for "ID card (either one)" in "ID information required".
5-3. Take a passport photo
Take three passport photos as shown in (a), (b), and (c).
Take photos so that the hole letters in the passport number on each page can be identified. Be sure to take a photo of (c) when there is no hole letter.
Also enter your passport number.
- a. A photo of the entire person's column page of your passport.
- b. A photo of the entire period of stay renewal permission sticker page of your passport.
- c. A photo showing that (a) and (b) are the same.
Take a photo of the entire passport so that the person's column and the page of the period of stay renewal permission sticker are in one picture.
- Good photos (Photos that fit all conditions as below)
- Photos that clearly show the text.
- A photo that shows that the person's column and the period of stay renewal permission sticker were taken with the same passport.
- Bad photos(Photos that fit any conditions as below)
- Photos that are shining on the face and cannot be identified.
- A photo that does not show that the person's column and the period of stay renewal permission sticker are from the same passport.
5-4. Take a face photo and enter other information
Continue input from 2-5. Take a picture of your face.
If you are applying using a passport, the following additional fields will be required.
Select your birthday from the calendar.
Select the gender.
Select your nationality from the pull-down menu.
④ Country of Residence
Select your Country of Residence from the pull-down menu.
How to upgrade
Case1. The "Notice of version update" is displayed.
Access the JAC screen on the App Store or Google Play and update
When you launch the app, if the newer version of JAC ExamForm than 1.0.1 is available, "Notice of version update" will be displayed.
Tap "Update Now" on the screen.
When you move to the App Store or Google Play, tap "Update" on the JAC ExamForm app in the store to update.
Once updated, you have the latest version and can apply for the exam.
Case2. "You cannot apply for ...... App Store and access again." is displayed.
Access the JAC screen of the App Store or Google Play and update it.
If your JAC ExamForm version is 1.0.1 or older, when you launch the application, you will get the error message "You cannot apply for ...... App Store and access again." will be displayed. Please access the App Store or Google Play link below to upgrade the version.
e.g. Update screen on Google Play app page.