The Japan Association for Construction Human Resources ("JAC") recognizes the importance of protecting all personal information handled in the course of our activities, and strives to protect personal information by ensuring all JAC officers and employees respect and comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, other related laws and regulations, and guidelines issued by related ministries and agencies, based on the following policy.
Furthermore, JAC has established the following personal information protection policy and strives to appropriately handle and manage personal information while making continuous improvements to such handling and management.
- We comply with regulations on the protection of personal information that establish the proper acquisition, use, and provision of personal information, taking the details and scale of our operations into consideration.
- Any personal information we obtain in the course of our activities is only used for the purpose and within the scope of use for which the consent has been obtained from the individual concerned.
- We take measures to prevent unauthorized access to personal information, and the loss, destruction, falsification, and leaks, etc. of personal information and other appropriate management measures, and we take corrective measures promptly if accidents occur.
- We appropriately and promptly respond to complaints and consultations from individuals concerned who are the subject of the personal information.
- We comply with laws, regulations and other standards concerning personal information.
- We promote activities to constantly improve our personal information protection management system.
Japan Association for Construction Human Resources
President Kenji Minowa
Handling of personal information
1. Definition of Personal Information
Personal information as referred to herein means personal information as defined in Article 2, Paragraph 1 of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (the "Personal Information Protection Act"), including a user's address, name, age, phone number, email address, date of birth, gender, employer, annual income, residence card number, status of residence, passport number, social media account name, etc., which can or may, solely or in combination of two or more thereof, identify a specific individual.
JAC may obtain attribute information that does not constitute personal information by itself from a user or a third party. If JAC receive personal information from a user, JAC may associate such personal information with the attribute information. In this case, such attribute information will be treated as personal information.
2. Acquisition of Personal Information
We obtain personal information through appropriate and lawful means.
Furthermore, when we receive inquiries or consultations, etc. we may record telephone conversations in order to accurately understand the details and respond.
3. Purpose of use of personal information
We handle personal information within the limits of the following restrictions on the purpose of use. We notify the person concerned when using personal information outside the scope of the stated purpose.
- Appropriate operation of our Code of Conduct to realize the appropriate and smooth hiring of non-Japanese human resources in the construction industry
- Services relating to the development of an environment in which non-Japanese human resources can effectively demonstrate their abilities in the construction industry
- Services relating to the hiring of Construction Industry Specified Skilled Workers
- Employment placement services for Construction Industry Specified Skilled Workers
- Construction technician skill evaluations and other services relating to the securing of construction technicians
- Studies and research on securing construction technicians
- Other services necessary to achieve JAC's purpose
- Provision of information in items 1 to 7
4. Security control measures for personal information
We update personal information within the scope of the purpose of use so that it is always accurate and up-to-date.
In the event of outsourcing the processing or management of personal information entrusted to us, we select a contractor acknowledged as handling personal information appropriately and we conclude a non-disclosure agreement with the contractor. When outsourcing, we conduct necessary and appropriate supervision of the contractor, including supervision of any subcontractors.
Furthermore, we appoint a personal information protection officer to ensure the appropriate management and we provide ongoing training concerning the handling of personal information.
5. Provision of personal information to third parties, etc.
Except in those cases set forth below, we do not provide personal information to third parties without first obtaining a consent from the person concerned.
- Cases pursuant to laws and regulations
- When necessary to protect human life, health or property in a situation where it is difficult to obtain consent from the person concerned.
- When we need to cooperate with the performance of affairs prescribed in laws and regulations by a government organization or a local government, or a person entrusted by such parties, and when there is a possibility that obtaining consent from the person concerned will interfere with the performance of the affairs.
- When we need to disclose personal information to financial institutions or payment settlement companies, etc. in order to bill membership fees when operating the specified skilled worker program.
- When we outsource tasks within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use.
Note that, when outsourcing, etc. the handling of personal information within the scope necessary to achieve the above-stated purpose of use, we provide necessary and appropriate guidance and supervision to our contractors and business partners, etc.
6. Provision of personal information to a third party overseas
In any of the following events, JAC may provide personal information to a third party overseas within the scope of the purpose of use specified in "3. Purpose of use of personal information".
- Providing personal information to a third party in a country specified in the rules of the Personal Information Protection Commission as that having a personal information protection system in place that is deemed to be of the same level as that in Japan.
- Providing personal information to a third party that has a system in place that complies with the standard prescribed by the rules as a system necessary to continuously take measures equivalent to those to be taken by a personal information handling business operator.
- Having obtained a user's consent in advance to the provision of personal information to such third party as mentioned above.
If we provide personal information to a third party in a country specified in the rules of the Personal Information Protection Commission as that having a personal information protection system in place that is deemed to be of the same level as that in Japan as set forth in 1. above, we will take measures with respect to such third party in the same way as with respect to a third party in Japan in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act. If we provide personal information to a third party that has a system in place that complies with the standard prescribed by the rules as a system necessary to continuously take measures equivalent to those to be taken by a personal information handling business operator as set forth in 2. above, we will take necessary measures to ensure that such compliant system is maintained. If we have obtained a user's consent in advance to the provision of personal information to such third party as set forth in 3. above, we will, before receiving personal information from the user, provide the user with the name of the country to which personal information will be provided, information properly and reasonably obtained on the personal information protection system adopted in such country, and information on personal information protection measures taken by such third party, in accordance with the rule of the Personal Information Protection Commission.
7. About Cookies
8. Web access analysis tools
The website operated by our company uses the following web access analysis tools to collect information of the visitors and understand how the site is being used.
Google Analytics Terms of Service
9. Disclosure, Correction (addition or deletion), and Suspension of Use of Personal Information
If JAC receive request from the person to whom personal information belongs or his/her representative for disclosure, correction (addition or deletion), suspension of use, removal, or notice of purpose of use, etc. ("Disclosure, Etc."), we will promptly comply with such request pursuant to the procedures established by JAC. To request Disclosure, Etc. of personal information held by JAC, please contact the inquiry desk specified in 11. Establishment of a personal information inquiries desk.
10. Management of Personal Information
We properly manage and take necessary preventive and corrective measures to prevent the unauthorized access, theft, loss, destruction, falsification, or leak of any personal information we acquire.
We continuously review and strive to improve our policies and systems for protecting personal information we retain in order to respond properly to social and economic changes.
11. Establishment of a personal information inquiries desk
JAC has established a personal information inquiry desk to accept and appropriately respond to complaints and other inquiries.
Personal Information Inquiry Desk, Administration Department
9F Toranomon 37 Mori Bldg., 3-5-1 Toranomon, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 105-8444
Phone: +81-3-6453-0220 Open: 9:00 - 17:30 (JST)
For JAC's profile, please see the following.