- Exam information and application
Exam information and application
You can apply for the exam from “Applicant’s page”. If you want to take the exam, please register on applicant’s page at first. If you have already registered, please log in.
News and announcement
- 2022/10/ 3
- Information about specified skills evaluation exam of Earthwork in Japan (Chiba) in November has been placed.
- 2022/10/ 1
- The results of Specified skills evaluation exam of Spray urethane insulation in Japan (Tokyo) has been placed.
- Information about the extension of application deadline for the trial test in Japan (Tokyo) has been placed.
- Information about the additional test dates of the trial test in Japan (Tokyo) has been placed.
- Information about Specified skills evaluation exam of Concrete Pumping in Japan (Tokyo) has been placed.
- 2022/9/ 9
- The text for the trial test of the new categories has been posted.
1. About specified skills evaluation exam
A new status of residence "Specified Skilled Worker" has been created in April 2019. JAC are planning to hold examinations for 18 job categories of construction industry.
In order to obtain a status of residence "specified skilled worker", it is necessary to pass the Japanese language test in addition to passing this exam.
Please refer to the Ministry of Land , Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism's web site (Japanese only) for details about the framework of specified skilled workers .
The Specified skills evaluation exam (i) for job categories of construction industry will consist of theoretical tests and practical skills tests in accordance withThe Implementation Guidelines for the Specified Skills Evaluation Exam (i) for Construction Industry (Japanese only) set by the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism.
|Number of questions||30 questions|
|Test time||60 minutes|
|Question format||True false questions and 2-4 choices questions|
|Implementation method||CBT: Computer based testing CBT operation trial (Japanese only)|
|Criteria for passing||65 percent or more|
Practical skills test
|Number of questions||To be specified for each of job categories|
|Test time||To be specified for each of job categories|
|Implementation method||To be specified for each of job categories. e.g. Hands-on testing, judgement testing etc.|
|Criteria for passing||To be specified for each of job categories|
The range of each specified skills (i) evaluation exam for job categories of construction industry are as follows.
2. Flow from application for the exam to receipt of the certificate of specified skills evaluation
Refer to the following web page.
3. Exam execution information
The exam currently planned to be executed are as follows.
|October 12 to 16, 2022||Japan (Tokyo)||Trial test for new categories||Information|
|November 10, 2022||Japan (Tokyo)||Concrete pumping||Information|
|November 17 & 18, 2022||Japan (Chiba)||Earthwork||Information|
|December 21, 2022||Japan (Tokyo)||Plastering||Details not decided|
|January 16 & 17, 2023||Japan (Aichi)||Earthwork||Details not decided|
|February 16 & 17, 2023||Japan (Chiba)||Construction machinery and construction||Details not decided|
|March 17 & 18, 2023||Japan (Fukuoka)||Earthwork||Details not decided|
* Job categories for which the test date has not been decided will be posted as soon as the schedule is confirmed.
4. Examination results
The results of the examinations executed so far are as follows.
Select "Results" to viewPDF file of the "examination results for Specific Skills in Construction (i)".